Did you check out this recipe just for the happy pancake face? Did you? So would I have!
I first heard of chickpea flour a while ago. Once I had bought some and opened the bag for the first time, boy, I was discouraged by the smell, kind of like iron. However, I gave it a chance. Guess what? It worked out great. They’re slightly sweet, fluffy, moist and delicious. Just add your favourite toppings and enjoy your whole food, nutritious, protein packed pancakes!
These are vegan but if you can’t have banana (like one of my older brothers who used to have an allergy) just subitute the bananas to apple sauce.
You can also make them more savoury and serve with spicy Indian currrys or such by, as already said, switching out the banana but also adding some more spices and salt.
Sweet AND savoury chickpea oat pancakes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 5 dl / 2 cups chickpea flour
- 3 dl / 1 1/4 cup oat flour or oats
- 2 medium bananas
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 7,5 dl / 3 cups milk of your choice
- A dash or two of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. If you use whole oats you’ll need to blend everything in a blender or food processor.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and “cook” your pancakes. Serve with fresh fruit, enjoy!