These honestly are THE best brownies ever. They’re perfectly gooey, has lots of chocolate chunks, lightly chewy, and a deep chocolate flavour with balanced sweetness. One of the secrets to these brownies’ deliciousness, is strong brewed coffee which gives the brownies a more complex and deeper notes without giving them a distinct coffee flavour. With a pinch of salt on top as well, nothing beats these! These are even better the day after when have been allowed to set, which makes them great to keep in the fridge and make in advance. Also, they just so happen to be vegan, nut free, and super easy to make. If you’re looking for a more “healthy” recipe, I can recommend this one, which is both super easy, vegan, gluten free, and on the more wholesome side.
These really are perfect for any occasion and with whoever you want to share some brownies with. In the near future, I’ll be posting some other variations since these really are amazing and can be endlessly combined with other flavours.
As my brother said, these are god like! Enjoy!
The Best Brownies Ever
These honestly are THE best brownies ever. They’re perfectly gooey, has lots of chocolate chunks, and a deep chocolate flavour with balanced sweetness. With a pinch of salt on top, nothing beats them! Also, they just so happen to be vegan as well, and nut free so perfect for any occasion and with whoever you want to share some brownies with. As my brother said without knowing they’re vegan, they’re god like!
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1,25dl strong brewed coffee*
- 120g butter or margarine, melted
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 220 g brown sugar**
- A splash of vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 120 g plain flour
- 90g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Flakey salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF
- Stir together ground flax seeds and coffee and set aside to thicken.
- Prepare a square pan by greasing and lining it with parchment paper. My pan was 18×18 cm / 7×7 inches, which resulted with rather thick brownies.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars and melted butter/margarine. Stir in the thickened flax seed mixture.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Fold in until it just comes together. Fold in the chocolate.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smooth out, top with flaky salt, and bake for 30-35 minutes depending on how thick your brownies are. Let cool before cutting up. Preferably, let cool in room temperature, and let sit in the fridge over night. They get better if they’re allowed to settle and firm up. Enjoy!
*can be subbed for water, but I strongly recommend using coffee for a deeper and more complex chocolate flavour. You won’t taste it!
**I used 100g dark muscovado and 120 brown sugar (farinsocker)
Keywords: The best Vegan brownies, chocolate, easy, coffee, delicious, recipe, best, plant based, veganska, nyttiga