To this day, my absolute favourite ice cream is ice cream brownie sandwiches, or as they’re simply called in Sweden “Sandwich”. The brownie is slightly crumbly and drier than a regular brownie, very chocolatey, and pairs perfectly with the vanilla ice cream. According to me, the best brownie ice cream sandwich is semi-melted since then it just melts is your mouth like a dream.
With this recipe, I’ve wanted to create an easy alternative with one of my favourite brownie recipes. It’s vegan, on the healthier side, and gluten free, and if you want the brownie more gooey than dry just follow this recipe. Also, if want your sandwiches more decadent I’d use my absolute favourite brownie recipes (which also is THE BEST brownie recipe) recipe and use your favourite regular vanilla ice cream!
Enjoy the work of my nostalgia!
Simple Homemade Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
A proper childhood favourite made at home! Super simple, delicious, rather nutritious and healthy, and gluten free and vegan friendly!
- Yield: 3 large to medium sandwiches 1x
- 150g / 5,3 oz pitted dates
- 4 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 30g / 1,1 oz cocoa powder
- 40g / 1,4 oz oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Around 300g / 11 oz worth of ice cream or nicecream (made out of frozen bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F. Grease and line a square pan. My pan was 32x22cm / 13×8,6 inches.
- In a food processor, process the dates, milk, and nut butter until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and process until uniform.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smooth out, and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick runs clean. Let cool and then cut into two.
- Spread the ice cream on top of one of the brownie layers. Place and slithly press down the other brownie layer on top of the ice cream. Let set completely in the freezer for a few hours, cut into bars, and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan, ice cream sandwich, recipe, recept, glass, ice cream, gluten free, brownie, brownies, chocolate, choklad, nyttigt, healthy, glutenfri,