Simple, fresh, and balanced mango sorbet! As simple as that! Imagine, it is a warm summer day, you come home from work or school, and you take a large scoop of mango sorbet, add some crunchy toasted coconut on top, and just enjoy and feel that all your sorrows go away. In all seriousness, even though I wouldn’t choose a sorbet for any occasion, it can be so refreshing and mouth watering at the right occasion or paired a lovely complementary flavour. Worth mentioning, this recipe is very simple, but I do use an ice cream machine. I could rant all about why it’s an amazing investment, but it simply isn’t for all people. However, I do hope you like this recipe since it simply is so good and simple, and would love to know if you give it a go, as always!
Hope you find this as refreshing as I do! Enjoy!
Simple, fresh, and balanced mango sorbet made at home!
- Yield: Almost 1 liter of ice cream o 1x
- 100g / 3,5 oz water
- 80g / 2,8 oz sugar
- 50g / 1,75 oz glucose syrup
- 500g / 17,6 oz mango, I used thawed from frozen
- Juice of 2 lemons + zest to taste
- A pinch of salt
- Bring the water, sugar, and syrup to a boil in a large source pan. Let cool.
- Once cool, add the mango, lemon juice, zest, and salt. Using a blender och stick blender, blend until a smooth mixture. Let chill in the fidge until cool.
- Follow your ice cream machine’s instructions. Once thick and creamy transfer the ice cream to a container, and let set in the freezer over night.
- Let thaw a few minutes before serving, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: ice cream, sorbet, mango, mangosorbet, glass, mangoglass, mjölkfri, dairy free, vegan, plant based, vegansk, nyttig, enkel, glassmaskin, vegansk