A Swedish classic with a chocolatey twist! These cookies are chewy, crispy, and filled with goodness. They’re called “Caramel Cookies” directly translated from Swedish, and with a pinch of salt and some chocolate chunks, damn they’re pure heaven!
Salted Caramel Cookies with Chocolate – Kolakakor med Choklad
Swedish Caramel Cookies with lots of chocolate chunks and some flaky salt because YUMMM!
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
- 100g / 3,5 oz butter or margarine, room temperature
- 90g / 3,2 oz granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla sugar or splash of vanilla essence
- A hearty pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp “light syrup”, or liquid sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120g / 4,2 oz flour
- About 100g / 3,5 oz chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flaky salt to top
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whip together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Sift and stir to combined in the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate.
- Stir in the chocolate and divide the dough into two.
- Shape each of the dough pieces into a roll and place on the prepared baking trays. Flatten ever so slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes before cutting on the diagonal to about 2cm / 1 inch cookies.
Keywords: kolakakor, caramel cookies, salted caramel, choklad, med choklad, with chocolate, chocolate, vegan, recipe, recept, recipes, kola