Lately, whole chicken has been on a very good price for a student’s wallet. So, I’ve meal prepped a lot of grilled chicken and I thought I’d share my absolute favourite so far! Enjoy!
Lemon & Olive Grilled Chicken
My best grilled chicken recipe – olive and lemon goodness!
- Yield: 1 whole chicken 1x
- 1 whole chicken (mine was 1,5kg)
- 2–3 tbsp butter
- Optional olive salt
- Zest from 1 lemon + 1 lemon sliced thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a bulb of garlic, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Place the chicken in a greased oven proof pan.
- Stir together the butter, salt(s), zest, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Smear and cover the chicken in the butter mixture.
- Insert the lemon slices inside the chicken and put the garlic cloves under the skin of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for about 35-45 minutes depending on size. The inside temperature should be about 75C in the thickest part of the chicken. Let cool and rest before slicing up, and enjoy!