Oh. My. Lord! These cookies are simply perfect! I’m so happy to present this recipe since I know there are a lot of you guys who are allergic to nuts. If you don’t like tahini, you can substitute it with other nut butter and the sesame seeds with more oats. Still, I’m super glad to have created a recipe that uses tahini, A.K.A. sesame paste sent from the god’s.
As good as tahini cookies sounds (if you like tahini that is), they are way better than they sound. These cookies are perfectly sweet and crunchy with tons of gooey chocolate chunks just like you like them. If you’re looking for a more chewy and gooey cookie then check out my date sweetened cookies in the cookie category. Moving on, I can not stress this enough. Tahini combined with a sweeter cookie and chocolate is simply gosh darn divine especially with the addition of sesame seeds. Sesame seeds give the cookies the most amazingly delicious boost of nuttiness as well as a nice contrast in texture.
As all my recipes, these cookies can be enjoyed by everyone as long as they like delicious cookies. They’re vegan, gluten free, nut free, and pretty wholesome. I myself would not mind having a couple of these for breakfast. How about you?
These cookies are seriously my greatest yet, and I could definitely ramble about them foreeeever. But I think hat would be a little unnecessary as I’ve hopefully convinced you to make these and you’re halfway to the pantry to get all the ingredients. So enjoy, champs!
Imagine these freshly made instead of having cooled for a few hours, hehe.Print
Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies
Perfectly crispy divine cookies with sesame seeds and lots of gooey chocolate chunks. Tahini + Chocolate + Cookies = Heaven!
- Yield: 8–10 cookies 1x
- 100g / 3,5 oz flour (I used 30g almond- and 70g oat flour)
- 30g / 1,1 oz rolled oats
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A hearty pinch of salt
- About 75g / 2,6 oz large chocolate chunks or chips
- 5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- A splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 320ºF and prepare a cookie pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, sesame seeds, baking soda, salt, and chocolate.
- In separate a small bowl, combine the liquid sweetener, tahini, and vanilla.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until you get a nice combined dough. It should be quite quite moist so if it’s too dry add a splash of water. Divide the dough into eight or 10 equal balls and place onto the prepared cookie pan. Using your hands, preferably slightly wet, shape the balls into around 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick cookies. The cookies do not spread in the oven.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden. Let cool and enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate chip Tahini cookies, baking, vegan, healthy, gluten free, refined sugar free, nut free