Brown butter truly does make anything better. Once starting to eat dairy again, that was one the first things I realized, butter really is so good. Vegan versions of butter can be really good, but you can not brown them in the way you can with true butter. For this recipe, I’ve simply made a classic slightly even better with the addition of extra much and browned butter. As simply delicious as that! Enjoy!
Browned Butter Coconut Macarons – Brynt Smör Kokostoppar
Brown butter simply does make anything better, including nutty, sweet, and absolutely glorious coconut macaroons with a chocolate dipped bottom. YUM!
- Yield: 12 macarons 1x
- 60g / 2,1 oz unbrowned butter
- 1 egg
- 45g / 1,6 oz caster sugar
- 125g / 4,4 oz shredded coconut
- A pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F.
- Start with browning the butter, set aside to cool.
- Whip the egg and sugar till starting to get white and fluffy.
- Fold in the shredded coconut, salt, and browned butter. Let sit and thicken for 10 minutes at least.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, dollop out the batter and shape into little “mountains”. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool and then dip the bottoms in the melted chocolate, and place on a plate lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Let set, and enjoy!
Keywords: brown butter, macarons, coconut, shredded coconut, brynt smör, kokostoppar, goda, recipe, recept, recipes, Swedish, svenska, fika