Oooooh, guys, you’re in for a TREAT! Okay, most of my recipes I say are my favourites, and this is one of them, but I am pretty darn proud of this one too!
This is a tiramisu inspired bite of goodness that just melts in your mouth when your teeth sink into it. The bottom layer is nutty, oaty, and gives a nice contrast to the luxurious and mouth-watering dark chocolate ganache and coffee & white chocolate ganache layers. The layers complement each other perfectly and result in an EPIC dessert or sweet tooth satisfying snack. Honestly, I would not be disappointed if I was served a hearty piece of something like these cuties for dessert at a restaurant or at dinner with friends’.
I also must mention that despite the three layers, making this is really easy. The bottom is basically a crumble you simply whip together and bake. Then the ganache layers are chocolate melted with liquid, some sweetener, and salt in the microwave, stirred together, and voila! What’s also pretty great about them is that, in case you have guests or friends with preferences, they’re both vegan and gluten free friendly. How deliciously awesome?!
Before I let you go, I’ll just have to give a big thanks to Malmö Chokladfabrik, who sent me lots of their VEGAN (!!) baking chocolates, both white, mylk, dark chocolate! I used the gifted chocolate for this recipe, and it turned out epic to say the least! It’s so cool with high quality vegan baking chocolate! Also, Malmö Chokladfabrik is a small company and is very local to me in the south of Sweden, so it’s super fun to support them. Enough said, enjoy!
Rich and silky smooth white chocolate & coffee and a classic dark chocolate layer in combination with a nutty and sweet crumble bottom. Simply YUM!
- Yield: 12 truffles bites 1x
- 35g / 1,2 oz rolled oats
- 35g / 1,2 oz oat flour or almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
Dark chocolate Layer
- 125g / 4,4 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped*
- 1,5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 2,5 tbsp water
- A pinch of salt
Coffee and white chocolate layer
- 125g / 4,4 oz white chocolate, roughly chopped*
- 2,5 strong brewed coffee
- A hearty pinch of salt
- Optionally top with cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF. Grease and line a square or rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. My (loaf) pan was 21×9 cm / 8,5×3,5 inches.
- Start with mixing the dry together in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, combined the liquid sweetener and nut butter. Add the wet to the dry and using your hands crumble together. If too dry add a splash of water or liquid sweetener.
- Transfer the crumble to the pan and smooth out evenly. Prick with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes or just until it starts to catch colour.
- While the bottom is cooling, place the ingredients for the dark chocolate layer in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on low to medium effect for 30 second intervals until the chocolate has almost completely melted. Once melted enough, mix until you get a smooth ganache. Pour and spread the ganache on top of the bottom. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Move on the the final coffee white chocolate layer. Repeat the process, as seen in step 5, making a ganache with the white chocolate, coffee and salt. Pour and spread the white coffee ganache on top of the dark chocolate layer. Optionally top with cacao nibs. Let set completely in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Slice up and enjoy!
*I used Malmö Chokladfabriks vegan (!!) baking chocolate, which I was gifted. Strongly recommend it since it’s proper high quality!
Keywords: vegan, chocolate truffles, tiramisu, vegansk, bakning, recept, gluten free, healthy, tryfflar, efterätt, dessert, nyttig, chokladtryffel, easy